Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bike Gang

A few weeks ago I managed to become a proud owner of a giant tricycle! Yes! My grandma actually gave it to me, she bought it 2 years ago to ride with the family, but she never used it and it sat in the garage, brand new. All I needed to do was stick it in my car and take it to Rexburg and pump up the tires. Now I ride it to school Monday, Wednesday and Friday! My wife has also recently got a bicycle, just before I did so we decided that we should make a tradition out of it. Although we officially haven't called it a tradition, I think it has become one. It all started when I wanted to start a bike gang! I invited the people from my church to join   Bethany and I on  Saturday mornings to cruise around town and get to know each other. Some people expressed interest, others did not, but Saturday morning rolled around and we were the only ones that met at the rendezvous point. So Bethany and I just started to ride our bikes and looked at garage sales around town. After a while of riding we ending up at Great Harvest Bread Co. and we got a free slice of bread and then rode back home. Then the following Saturday we tried again and no one showed. I was bummed at first but then we rode around and did the same thing. I then realized it has been great spending some time with my wife while we ride, talk, laugh and forget about school and work. Although I still do continue to invite people, and they politely decline, I am just happy I can ride with my wife.  Our bike gang may be small but its still a gang and it seems to me that this might be a family tradition that goes on for years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Once this baby comes out and I can get on a bike again we'll join! Sounds like fun. I love bike riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We would love to have yall!!

    ReplyDelete