Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Real Life Sleeping Beauty


About a month ago, I read an article that was popping up in my news feed about research that found that women need more sleep than men. You can read it here. After reading it, I thought "that explains EVERYTHING!"

Let me explain. If I were to look through your phone I might find a bunch of selfies taken in your bathroom mirror, or maybe a photo log of what you have had for dinner for the past year in a half. Not mine, my cell phone consists of multiple pictures of my beautiful wife....sleeping in weird places and positions. Here is my all time favorite:
We were on our way to Vegas from Idaho which is about a ten hour drive. After a few hours of driving I thought I would look over to check to see how my wife was doing, and then I saw this. I was expecting the classic, head tilted back with mouth open shot, but as you can see this is much more exciting. Curled up like a baby in a womb, with the seat belt still in place. At least she was wearing her seat belt right?

Keep in mind, if anybody gets their full eight hours of sleep it is Bethany. She is usually in bed bed by 10 or 11pm and up at 6 or 7am. But she is still always falling asleep during the day. Words can be hard to describe this phenomena of Bethany always sleeping, so here are more photos to demonstrate. I hope I don't get in trouble for this. 









SHE NEEDS HER SUN LIGHT



Accidentally woke her up
Because of this photo, one of her nicknames is baby fawn








At least in most of these pictures she is reading or doing some type of homework. I don't know if this is evidence that woman need more sleep or that homework is so boring that it puts people to sleep. Perhaps Duke can do a study on how often people fall asleep working on homework. 

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty much the funniest thing I have ever seen! Also, because its soooo true - Bethany can sleep anytime/anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should get a compilation of photos from her childhood of her sleeping. I am sure there are a ton!

      Delete
  2. Your wife is so cute when she sleeps. I love that you take pictures of her. Great post. I feel so much less guilty for all my cat naps now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I couldn't resist taking the photos! Naps are always great!

      Delete
  3. Your wife is so cute when she sleeps. I love that you take pictures of her. Great post. I feel so much less guilty for all my cat naps now.

    ReplyDelete